We are recognized for our focus on providing exemplary critical care, with a team of diversified specialized health care professionals. Patient experience is our top priority
We provide all the required pre-operative care and assessment from routine procedures to subspecialties including paediatric, obstetrics and gynaecology,urology and vascular surgery. We will look after your post-surgery and provide the required post anaesthetic care.
The scope of the services offered by the anesthesia divisioninclude but not limited to the following
- Pre-operative assessment
- Perioperative care for wide range of procedures from routine to the most complex surgeries.
- Perioperative care for multiple sub specialities including pediatric, obstetric and gynecology,urology, vascular surgery, general surgery with its different subdivision e.g.bariatric, upper GI surgery, colorectal surgery, endocrine surgery, breast surgery, hepatobiliary surgery. Organ transplant service; renal transplant and started liver transplant surgeries with collaboration with international center for organ transplant.
- Our services are also provided for patients coming for different oncological and radiological procedures e.g. radiotherapy, brachytherapy, lithotripsy, MRI, CT, endoscopy, ERCP, bronchoscopy and intervention radiology patients.
- We provide the service for inpatient and day surgery
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Adult Critical Care
- The state of the art multidisciplinary intensive care unit, manned by a team of highly skilled doctors who provide round the clock care to medical and surgical critically ill patients. The unit is equipped to handle any form of medical need
- Out reach critical care serviceled by critical nurses and supported by the intensive care out reach consultant and registrar
- Extra corporal membrane oxygenation ECMO service was offered for some indicated patients
- We are committed to provide the highest quality of patient care, to provide academic excellence, and to further knowledge in the field through research
- The Respiratory Therapy helps patients breathe easier using treatments to preserve or improve the pulmonary function. The team treats patients of all ages, from infants to seniors
- The service is provided round the clock to cover the respiratory care duty in Royal Hospital and National Cardiac Center
- Respiratory Therapists are a vital part of the lifesaving response teams in the Emergency Department and the Intensive Care Unit. Therapists help to maintain airways, and operate patient respiratory equipment
- The team manage the following; invasive and noninvasive ventilator, high frequency ventilation, high flow oxygen therapy, and nitic oxide therapy
- Supporting Respiratory home care and Tracheostomy care
Education and training
- Training junior/senior clerkship, OMSB residents, general foundation program doctors during their rotation at anesthesia and critical care
- Examples of the courses conducted by our team: mechanical ventilation, noninvasive ventilation, renal replacement therapy course and labor epidural course
- Our team organized many workshops in collaboration with Oman Society of anesthesia and Critical Care, advanced airway workshop, basic and advanced regional anesthesia workshop, bronchoscopy workshop and ECHO for anesthesiologist
COVID 19 pandemic
Anaesthesiologist and their role as experts in airway management in intensive care have supported the country with an outstanding invaluable service during the COVID-19 pandemic. They worked over the hours to give excellent patient care.